Responsible Community Project
Educate – Conserve – Protect
”Conservation supports the people and the people support conservation”
South Luangwa Responsible Community Project
The project empowers local communities with skills and value addition to agriculture (vegetables, maize, rice, sunflower, soya beans and ground nuts farming) and livestock raring (goats, pigs, sheep, fish, chickens and dairy cows). Besides that, the project support communities with skills to develop garbage management enterprises.
Join Our Conservation And Community Awareness Efforts
- Undertake community awareness campaigns against snares, deforestation, illegal and unsustainable fishing and charcoal burning.
- Empower local communities with skills and knowledge to sustainably add value to available and legally acquired natural and wildlife resources.
- Undertake habitat restoration activities and promote indigenous knowledge system of conservation.
- Promote climate resilient gardening, conversational farming, and livelihoods.
- Promote domestic tourism through community participation.
Accommodation and Food
Be a Part Of
To partner with Communities in order to protect nature for the benefit of all, and empower locals living in these Game Management Areas with skills and its value addition.